Hades is one of the best roguelike games of recent times, where hack and slash elements build strong mechanics that make this game a great representation of the genre. But there are other games like Hades in the gaming world that take the best of the roguelike genre. Today, we’ll list the best ones!
Which Are the Best Games Like Hades?
Hades was met with universal critical acclaim and a massive following due to its unique playstyle and great visuals. But these graphics and gameplay are shared by other games. Now, let's see the titles we recommend you to play.
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
- Release Date: November 04, 2014
- Developer: Nicalis
- Publisher: Nicalis
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, New Nintendo 3DS, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch
- Metascore: 86
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is an indie roguelike game that features a dark dungeon and an improved version of the original The Binding of Isaac. The new version has received great reviews praising its gameplay features and mechanics.
Rebirth, just like the original one, is played from a top-down perspective, where the levels are procedurally generated, featuring many self-contained rooms. Each level involves a final boss battle. Dungeons also introduce special challenges and mini-boss fights.
You control Isaac in a multi-directional shooter, moving him around the screen while shooting his tears to defeat enemies. Your health is tracked by hearts, and as in similar games, you can obtain some items to refill them. Items may also improve the character’s attributes, such as the damage you deal and the speed.
The Binding of Isaac is a fantastic game based on the biblical story of the same name. Isaac escapes from his mother after she tries to sacrifice him to prove her devotion to a “voice from above.” Rebirth may not be a super popular game, but the Metascore proves it’s worth playing.
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Steam CD Key is available on RoyalCDKeys.
- Over 500 hours of gameplay with unique dungeons and challenges.
- Over 450 items to change your abilities and give you new powers.
- A co-op system with more than 100 characters.
Enter the Gungeon
- Enter the Gungeon Release Date: April 05, 2016
- Developer: Dodge Roll
- Publisher: Devolver Digital
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Stadia
- Metascore: 84
Enter the Gungeon is a bullet hell roguelike game featuring four heroes as they descend into a Gungeon trying to find a legendary time machine. Each playable character has different abilities and can improve as you progress through the gungeon.
Just like other roguelikes, in Enter the Gungeon, you will traverse a series of procedurally generated rooms that you never play twice. Each level of the Gungeon features a punishing experience that introduces unique enemies whose difficulty is getting hard as you advance through the levels.
The various characters in Enter the Gungeon improve their abilities and guns by finding several weapons in some rooms of the dungeon. These new guns are located inside chests which you must unlock using a key that a special enemy keeps in some part of the dungeon.
Enter the Gungeon Steam CD Key is available on RoyalCDKeys.
- Unique dungeons that are procedurally generated and never repeat.
- Four different heroes who deliver unique attacks and combos.
- Permadeath, so if you die, you have to start again from scratch.
- Release Date: August 07, 2018
- Developers: Motion Twin / Evil Empire
- Publisher: Motion Twin / Playdigious
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, iOS, Android
- Metascore: 89
Dead Cells is a rogue-lite video game that won several game awards in the category of the Best Indie Game in 2018. Dead Cells is considered the first Roguevania, a combination of action-exploration-based Metroidvanias and procedurally-generated roguelike maps.
In Dead Cells, you control The Prisoner, a group of cells that can possess human corpses and gain cells to get upgrades to achieve its escape attempt. By exploring the procedurally-generated levels, you gain weapons and other useful tools as a reward for uncovering secret rooms and killing enemies.
The combat is very similar to that you can find in soul-like games, where you must fight against powerful enemies to learn certain behaviors. The frequent death is a fundamental part of the game. When you kill enemies, you obtain cells that can be used to purchase items such as options or additional weapons.
While traversing your path to the underworld, you get a series of mutations and capabilities. You can also reforge weapons that provide new effects to them. But, be aware of the dungeon crawling; when your character dies, you lose all the items and upgrades obtained in the playthrough resulting in a new beginning.
Dead Cells is a game with multiple awards, unique details, and music, and a good example of why indie games are titles that every fan of video games should play. Take the risk and enjoy this marvelous game!
Dead Cells Steam CD Key is available on RoyalCDKeys.
- An interconnected world map with a roguelike replay.
- A 2D dark souls style that features dangerous but rewarding battles.
- An endless exploration whose idea is to expand the world as far as possible.
Children of Morta
- Release Date: September 03, 2019
- Developer: Dead Mage
- Publisher: 11 Bit Studios
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch
- Metascore: 82
Children of Morta is an action-adventure role-playing game that features roguelike elements where you follow the story of the Bergson family, the protectors of Mount Morta, in its attempt to defend it from Corruption.
As you progress through Children of Morta, you unlock new family members. Each has its playstyles, with useful abilities to traverse and survive through procedurally generated dungeons while defeating enemies and bosses along the way.
There are a total of seven characters in this quest. The best you can do is to upgrade the abilities of each character. This way, you grant that you’ll have the necessary improvements to face different parts of the story. You can also tale part of events that occur after the game or in the past, progress throughout the narrative by talking with other family members, or witness additional dialogue.
Children of Morta Steam CD Key is available on RoyalCDKeys.
- Action-adventure gameplay with RPG elements.
- Unique dungeons that provide excitement at every step.
- A unique story taking place in a far-away land with plenty of emotions.
- Release Date: May 20, 2014
- Developer: Supergiant Games
- Publisher: Supergiant Games
- Platforms: PC, PlayStation 4, Linux, iOS, OS X, Nintendo Switch
- Metascore: 83
Transistor is an action role-playing game played from an isometric point of view. At first glance, Transistor is very similar to Hades in graphics and art style as both titles come from the same developer.
Still, Transistor is a roguelike game where you must cross a series of rooms and locations while battling challenging enemies collectively known as the Process.
Transistor features two ways of combat: real-time combat, very similar to hack and slash video games, and a frozen planning mode, which uses an action bar to perform specific actions.
During the battle, you win experience points and new powers called “Functions.” Functions can be used as either passive or active skills or to upgrade other equipped functions. For instance, they can fire an explosive attack or spawn your decoys.
In Transistor, you control Red, a famous singer of a futuristic city known as Cloudbank that is attacked by the Process. She escapes and comes into possession of the Transistor, a powerful weapon buried in her chest. Now the Process wants to acquire the Transistor for an unknown reason.
- Unique hand-made graphics in HD.
- Real-time combats with plenty of action and strategy elements.
- The powerful transistor – a weapon with hundreds of combinations.
- Release Date: June 27, 2013
- Developer: Cellar Door Games
- Publisher: Cellar Door Games
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux, OS X, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS
- Metascore: 88
Rogue Legacy is a platformer that features roguelike elements. You must explore interconnected procedurally generated environments that together build one big dungeon. There, you’ll meet four bosses and the final boss, which must be defeated to advance and complete the final goal.
In Rogue Legacy, you control a general character who can jump and slash with the sword they wield. The character also has secondary abilities, such as the capacity to use magic attacks thanks to mana.
When your character dies, the control is transferred to one of the randomly generated heirs. Each has unique abilities, such as ADHD, which allows you to move faster, and dwarfism, where your character shortens and can fit in small holes.
Through your adventure, you get Gold, which can be used to improve your abilities and equipment. These improvements are passed on to the heirs when your character dies. Gold can be found inside furniture, opening chests, or defeating enemies.
At the same time, Gold can unlock the enchantress, the blacksmith, and the architect. Each of these provides different services related to their jobs. Gold is also used to enter the castle.
- A procedurally-generated map that features enemies, traps, and secrets.
- A rogue-lite mechanics where dead make stronger the heirs.
- Several classes to choose from and over 60 types of enemies.
Wizard of Legend
- Release Date: May 15, 2018
- Developer: Contingent99
- Publisher: Humble Bundle
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Android, iOS
- Metascore: 79
Wizard of Legend is an indie roguelike title where you traverse procedurally generated levels while controlling a wizard. This character can cast several spells to defeat foes, monsters, bosses, and the final boss, and open your path through the Chaos Trials.
Just like most roguelikes or any other similar game, Wizard of Legend is played from a top-down perspective. In this context, you move freely through the screen to be capable of casting spells in all directions. Each spell is called Arcana, which can be performed in the form of basic attacks, and more powerful Arcanas called Dash, Standard, and Signature. Most powerful spells can help you discover hidden areas and advance throughout the map's secret parts.
There are six types of arcana: Fire, Lightning, Air, Earth, Water, and Chaos. The latter is only available by defeating the final council member. Each of the first five types of Arcana has 36 arcana spells, whereas chaos arcana has a total of 24 arcana spells. Besides, every arcana contains an enhanced version.
Exploring the dungeon in Wizard of Legend implies completing 10 floors. Each contains three shops where you can buy new spells to face any challenge, including bosses. To buy these spells as well as different styles of robes, you need chaos gems. Robes, called Outfits, alter the character's initial stats, such as damage and health.
Wizard of Legend is a game that Hades’ fans with a heavy emphasis on fast-paced game mechanics will love to play.
- A huge dungeon with 10 floors full of powerful enemies.
- Over 100 unique spells that can fit your style of gameplay.
- A co-op mode where two wizards advance throughout the dungeon.
- Release Date: February 22, 2017
- Developer: Ludomotion
- Publisher: Ludomotion
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Stadia, Steam
- Metascore: 75
Unexplored is a rogue-lite that feels strongly like a roguelike with challenging action RPG game elements. Unexplored has been praised for its fantastic level generator and fast-paced real-time combat.
Unexplored tasks you with going through procedurally generated dungeons, fighting hundreds of enemies, and solving puzzles. It also features real emergent gameplay with many tactical options and dual-wielding melee combat.
The game includes several classes, such as adventurer, barbarian, archer, cleric, and more, and several environments to navigate within the Dungeon of Doom, such as lava, gases, water and avoid.
There are also many places and objects where you can create several items, such as the forge, as well as altars, where you can make sacrifices to get benefits.
- Fantastic generated dungeons that you must explore deeper and deeper.
- An interesting progression with many tactical options and addictive gameplay.
- Over 50 dangerous bosses with unique attacks and lore.
Games like Hades Final Thoughts
We have to be thankful that there are several games like Hades, a game that, in any sense, seems like one of the best indies of recent times. With the games we mentioned here, you’ll get tons of fun and hours of unforgettable gameplay.
If you are interested in related topics, be attentive to the other articles we’re uploading continuously on our site. Here, at RoyalCDKeys, you’ll discover the best games you can experience at the best prices.