Why you see this? You found a product version which is not allowed to be activated in your country. Try to find this product for different region.
Sorry, country not found
This content requires the base game XCOM 2 on Steam in order to play.
We know turn-based strategy games are a specific niche. However, they are interesting games that provide very different gameplay from the others. Still, strategy games have a lot of loyal fans who regularly play classics such as Warcraft III, Age of Empires II, Final Fantasy tactics, or Commandos 2. But now it's time to play XCOM 2 Steam Key Global.
This is the opportunity to join this niche - become a part of a selected group that enjoys thinking about the battlefield and the best strategies to subdue the enemy. Besides, you’ll have the chance of defending your planet from alien occupation, an enemy unknown who arrived on Earth.
5 February 2016
Military, aliens, shooter
PC (Microsoft Windows), OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch
What Is Xcom 2?
XCOM 2 is a turn-based strategy game released in 2016. It’s the sequel of the reboot of the series XCOM: Enemy Unknown launched in 2012. The story takes place twenty years after the event of the aforementioned game.
During the development, Firaxis put special attention to the player´s feedback of Enemy Unknown. This helped them to make some changes in the generation of maps and mod support. They could improve the gameplay and introduce new features.
Besides, the developers introduced time-based objectives to boost the pacing and gave the game a great emphasis on the narrative. In this opportunity, you can visit from XCOM’s mobile headquarters to shining cities in an ever-changing surrounding world.
In comparison to its predecessor, XCOM 2 received positive critical acclaim. These good reviews were mainly based on the new gameplay, the new layer of depth, and the procedural creation of maps.
Story and Background
The game is set in 2035. Twenty years have passed since world leaders offered an unconditional surrender to alien forces. Now, aliens rule Earth, building shining cities, and XCOM, a military organization, tries to ward off the threat and win the war of the chosen.
They’re betrayed by the council nations, and lose the war against alien forces, which signals not very brilliant future for humanity.
Stand Up for Humanity
The Earth is controlled by aliens via the puppet ADVENT Administration. ADVENT tries to improve public opinion of the aliens, saying that they came in peace and that the forces of Earth retaliated aggressively and with prejudice.
Now, XCOM is a resistance group against the occupation of the alien threat, the established totalitarian regime, and the military dictatorship concealing a sinister agenda and eliminating all who dissent from their new order.
In this context, only those who live at the edges of the world have a margin of freedom. Here, the last line of defense force gathers to stand up for humanity once again. Always on the run, the remnant XCOM forces must find a way to ignite a global resistance.
Gameplay and Mechanics
In XCOM 2, you take the role of the commander of the XCOM military forces, trying to ward off the alien occupation from the Earth. You have to do this using a turn-based strategy system from a top-down perspective, and lead a squad of human soldiers to complete several objectives on the map.
Most missions your team must complete are timed, so you have some specific turns to finish them. The maps of XCOM 2 are procedurally generated. Each map features different buildings and terrain.
At the start of most missions, your squad will not be detected by enemies unless they attack or move to a nearby position. This way, you can ambush them, which gives you combat bonuses.
Aliens’ actions are hidden from your team until soldiers are in range and have a line of sight with them. Enemies will try to flank your team and cause severe damage. Each member of your team has a determined number of movements. Also, the game will inform you about the range of your soldiers’ shots and the amount of health the foe will lose.
Classes and Skills
There are five classes in XCOM 2, each with a unique ability:
- Psi Operative.
When your soldiers complete a mission and survive, they gain experience points. They are promoted, which unlocks new options in the skill trees.
Facilities must be staffed with engineers to ensure their functionality. The construction of facilities requires supplies that can be collected through the excavation of alien debris in the ship by the engineers.
Finally, in the bridge of the Avenger, you can move the spaceship, advance time, access missions, trade with the black market, and discover supply caches.
Since you take the control of the Avenger, commanding the research and engineering departments, you can perform autopsies on alien corpses to study the tech and unlock new weapons and gadgets.
Armory allows you to recruit soldiers and customize their personalities, genders, costumes, nationalities, and much more. Over time, new facilities are unlocked. These allow you to increase the size of your squad, enhance battle performance, and create powerful weapons.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System OS: Windows 7 - 64 bit
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6 GHz, AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.6 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
- Disk Space: 45 GB available space
- DirectX: 11
- Space Sound Card DirectX compatible sound card
Recommended system requirements:
- Operating System OS: Windows 7/8/10 (64 bits)
- Processor: 3GHz Quad Core 3 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: 2GB ATI Radeon HD 7970, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
- Disk Space: 45 GB available space
- DirectX: 11
- Space Sound Card DirectX compatible sound card
Note: Initial installation requires a one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft Visual C++2012 and 2013 Runtime Libraries, and Microsoft DirectX.
- XCOM on the run: take command of the Avenger, an alien supply craft converted to COM's mobile headquarters. New open-ended gameplay lets you decide where to guide your strike team, how to grow popular support, and when to combat enemy counter-operations.
- Recruit resistance fighters: five soldier classes, each with its own skill tree, let you create specific soldiers for your tactical plan.
- Tactical guerrilla combat: New gameplay systems offer more tactical flexibility in combat. Use concealment to ambush enemy patrols. Loot enemies for precious gear and artifacts. Rescue VIPs and save fallen comrades by carrying them to the extraction point.
- A new breed of enemy: a diverse cast of enemies, from powerful new alien species to the ADVENT, enforcers of the alien regime, offer a distinct tactical challenge.
- Research, develop and upgrade: Configure and build rooms on the Avenger to give XCOM new capabilities on the battlefield. Use your scientists and engineers to research, develop, and upgrade weapons and armors to fit your preferred tactics.
- Each mission is a unique challenge: Go on missions around the world, from wildlands to the heart of the alien-controlled megacities, to the depths of alien installations. There are virtually infinite combinations of maps, missions, and goals.
- Create Custom Mods: community-focused tools allow you to create your own campaign, tactical gameplay, alien classes, strategy game features, and share within the Steam Workshop.
- Engage in head-to-head multiplayer: Mix-and-match squads of humans and aliens and battle head-to-head on randomly-generated maps.
Why Prefer RoyalCDKey to Purchase XCOM 2 Steam Key?
At RoyalCDKeys, we believe that gamers should have the right to get any Steam CD key, Steam Gift, or codes from other platforms at a really good price. Thus, we are working hard to guarantee the best prices, the lowest price among third-party sellers.
Visit our social media and website to participate in giveaways and receive regular discount codes! This way, you can enjoy the best deals regarding your favorite titles. Compared to the prices in the official stores, this feels like getting virtually a free game!
Aside from the prices, we have implemented custom systems to ensure safe transactions and ward off potential scammers, keeping your payment details, money, and personal information secure. We have partnered with the best fraud prevention platforms.
Besides, we have a dedicated Fraud Prevention and Response Department working 24/7 to keep your money safe when you acquire services, no matter in what country you are.
Keep in mind that while purchasing a digital code, you don’t have to worry about delivery time or any extra shipping costs. You’ll receive your game code as soon as the transaction is completed.
Feel free to select the currency and payment methods of your choice. Join the RoyalCDKeys community to discover the top trending games at affordable prices!
To download XCOM 2 Steam CD Key, just follow the instructions below.
- Access the Steam site and download the Steam client.
- Open the client and create, sign or login to your Steam account.
- Click the ‘Add a Game’ menu located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now select ‘Activate a Product on Steam.’
- Follow the instructions below.
- Once you have entered the Steam CD Key, the game will be added to your library.
Note. Please read the store description about any language, region restriction, or country restriction.
Royal Protection Program is an optional feature providing our customers with extra care and protection when purchasing from our store. Become a Royal Client and experience proper royal treatment!
Priority Support Line - you will be the number one priority in our customer support
Lifetime Purchase Protection - 100% Purchase protection with a lifetime warranty
Your pre-orders come first
Dedicated support 24/7 - no more waiting for resolution