One of the funniest parts of any game is the player vs environment content. Putting special attention to this mode, some games present very interesting PvE mechanics, while others lack this aspect. Our job is to provide you with the Best PvE Games out there. So, make notes, and let’s take a look at these games.
Thunder Tier One
- Release Date: December 7, 2021
- Developer: KRAFTON, Inc
- Publisher: KRAFTON, Inc
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows
- Metascore: 65
Thunder Tier One is a realistic shooter played from a top-down perspective. The game puts you in control of an elite soldier who joins an elite task force infiltrating and facing a terrorist organization sweeping its way.
In Thunder Tier One, you can play solo with AI teammates or with up to 4 friends to fight against the opponents of the paramilitary force known as SBR.
This title features a 9-mission campaign mode that takes you through several scenarios where communication and collaboration among teammates are vital to surviving and facing the challenge. Teamwork will help you to build a strong defense and attack and deploy your forces to secure the perimeter.
If you play solo, your AI teammates will react intelligently to the vast environmental stimuli. You can manage them with a series of group commands and carry out your plan. To complete your tasks, you can choose between a vast variety of weapons, armor, and tools. Reach the glory on the battlefield, or not, depending on the strategy and the arsenal you select to use.
Thunder Tier One features challenging multiplayer modes to test your ability set.
- Exfil. A 4v4 mode where the attacking team must extract a package from the defeating team.
- Advance and secure. A 4v4 mode where your team must advance and secure several sectors.
- Death Match. A free mode with up to 8 players.
- Domination. A PvE mode where the team races against the clock to disarm explosives, secure checkpoints, and more.
Thunder Tier One is a game that gamers of this next generation will love. It’s perfect to engage with other friends!
Thunder Tier One Steam CD Key is available on RoyalCDKeys.
- A story-driven campaign set in the Eastern European nation of Salobia.
- Great weapon and loadout customization with dozens of possibilities.
- Very realistic gunplay that makes you feel in a real battlefield.
- Release Date: September 6, 2017
- Developer: Bungie
- Publisher: Activision | Bungie
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S
- Metascore: 83
Destiny 2 is a free-to-play online-only multiplayer video game played from a first-person perspective set in a mythical science-fiction scenario. Destiny 2 also features some role-playing elements and a shared-world environment.
The PvE system in Destiny 2 features dungeons, three-player strikes, and six-player raids. It also features a free roam patrol mode where exploration of destinations and interaction with NPC is allowed.
The available areas in the PvE system include Earth’s European Dead Zone, Saturn’s moon Titan, Jupiter’s moon Io, and the centaur planet Nessus. Expansions add other areas, such as Mercury and Mars.
Destiny 2 involves character progression and classes. To improve your character, you must gain experience points. With enough XP, you can level up statistics and enhance your performance in battle. It also features three-character classes – Warlock, Hunter, and Titan. Each class has unique special abilities, perks, and upgrades and features multiple sub-classes.
Gear is also fundamental, where weapons are divided into Primary, Special, and Heavy Weapons. Furthermore, they can be classified as Kinetic (without elemental damage type), Energy (Arc, Solar, or Void) and Power Weapons that include more powerful special weapons.
In Destiny 2, you take the role of a Guardian. Your mission is to protect the last city on Earth, the only home for humanity in the solar system, from different alien monsters by wielding a power called Light.
Destiny 2 - Legendary Edition Steam CD Key is available on RoyalCDKeys.
- An immersive story in which you must defend the Earth against aliens from strange worlds.
- Three classes of guardians, each with different abilities, and equipment.
- Two multiplayer modes: a cooperative one and a competitive one.
Deep Rock Galactic
- Release Date: May 13, 2020
- Developer: Ghost Ship Games
- Publisher: Coffee Stain Publishing
- Platforms: PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5
- Metascore: 85
Deep Rock Galactic is a Co-Op first-person shooter video game set underground on Hoxxes IV, a dangerous planet full of resources, biomes, minerals, and bugs. In DRG, players work together to explore the procedurally generated cave systems.
Deep Rock Galactic focuses on PvE combat, so there are no advantages in killing other players. You take the role of one of the four dwarves available to complete specific missions, such as mining minerals, terminating targets, stealing alien eggs, and retrieving equipment. If you complete secondary missions, you’ll get extra credits.
These missions take place in large caverns and tunnels, where enemies and objectives change depending on the biome and the terrain generation. Most enemies are insect-like aliens that will do everything to stop your team and kill you.
There are four classes in Deep Rock Galactic: the Gunner, the Engineer, the Driller, and the Scout. Each class has unique accessories, experience, and promotion levels. Once you reach level 25, you can get a promotion after completing a series of missions, unlocking end-game content, and resetting the class. Besides, each class has a primary weapon and three secondary weapons. These weapons can be upgraded and overclocked with their respective benefits.
Deep Rock Galactic is one of games featuring PvE combat with search and exploration as a fundamental part of the gameplay.
Deep Rock Galactic Steam CD Key is available on RoyalCDKeys.
- Four unique classes, each with different playstyles, weapons, and abilities.
- A breakable environment featuring dozens of ways to reach the target.
- A system of caves is procedurally generated. The game never repeats itself.
Warhammer 40 000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters
- Release Date: May 5, 2022
- Developer: Complex Games
- Publisher: Frontier Foundry
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows
- Metascore: 81
Warhammer 40,000 Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters is a strategy game that takes place in the gothic science fiction of Warhammer universe. You’ll command a squad of warriors called Grey Knights with the mission to save humanity from the forces of Nurgle, who want to release a plague for the galaxy.
Chaos - Daemonhunters is a turn-based video game. You control several warriors and move them on a grid. Your knights must adopt strategic positions and fight monsters in a specific scenario of a series of different planets.
You can hit enemies with different attacks using either melee or ranged weapons, depending on the knight you’re using. You can use the environment to cover yourself and ambush enemies to deliver attacks safely. Fighting enemies involves selecting the specific foe and the attack you want to unleash. Different enemies can be invulnerable to certain types of attacks or skills.
As you progress through the game, you can unlock new grey knights that feature new abilities that can be useful in new scenarios which introduce new challenges. The maps feature different quests, such as killing enemies at a specific part of the map.
Chaos - Daemonhunters is one of the most interesting PvE titles you can find out there and very likely one of the less popular. We recommend all gamers try it. You’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters Steam CD Key is available on RoyalCDKeys.
- An immersive and dark experience trying to save the galaxy from the plague.
- An interesting forge system that allows you to customize your knights.
- High precision when selecting targets and healing damage to them.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Release Date: August 27, 2013
- Developer: Square Enix Business Division 5
- Publisher: Square Enix
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, OS X, PlayStation 5
- Metascore: 83
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is the second major MMORPG of this famous franchise and is currently the most played MMO around the globe. FFXIV has been on the market for ten years and features four main expansions.
This video game takes place in the fictional world of Eorzea. It’s a huge continent full of different biomes, landscapes, and settlements, five years after the Seventh Umbral Calamity, a huge devastation which destroyed a big part of the land.
In A Realm Reborn, you create and customize your character by selecting their race, such as Elezen (elves) and Miqo’te (like-cat race), gender, and class. In your adventure throughout Eorzea, you’ll have to level up your character by completing either main or side quests or killing enemies to gain experience points. As you increase your level, you’ll unlock different abilities and skills.
FFXIV features Disciplines of the Hand and Land, which you can learn and develop to acquire new skills, elements, gear, and items. You can sell all these elements in the markets and/or the market board.
FFXIV also introduces The Grand Companies of Eorzea, three relevant factions which feature special quests and a rank system. As you progress in the rank, you’ll get some rewards and be able to buy special equipment. The three Grand Companies of Eorzea are:
- The Immortal Flames of Ul’dah.
- The Maelstrom of Limsa Lominsa.
- The Order of the Twin Adder of Gridania.
Use an action bar to fight enemies and perform all the game's mechanics. As it fills up, you can unleash different attacks, either melee, ranged, or magic, or use consumables to boost your abilities.
Besides, FFXIV brings up dungeons, raids, side quests, duties, and many optional missions where you can fight against different bosses and other heroes.
Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn 60 Days US Prepaid CD Key is available on RoyalCDKeys.
- A huge world that features several biomes, landscapes, creatures, and much more.
- Hundreds of quests, including main storyline, side quests, raids, dungeons, and more.
- Creatures and minions are in constant mutation with new challenges all the time.
Age of Empires IV
- Release Date: October 28, 2021
- Developer: Relic Entertainment | World’s Edge
- Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows
- Metascore: 81
Age of Empires IV is a real-time strategy game and the fourth major installment of the Age of Empires franchise. This chapter is set during the Early Middle Ages to the High Middle Ages. This chapter has four single-player campaigns: The Normands, The Hundred Years Wars, The Mongol Empire, and the Rise of Moscow.
There are 8 main civilizations available: the English, the Mongols, the Chinese, the French, the Delhi Sultanate, the Holy Roman Empire, the Rus, and the Abbasid Dynasty.
Just like the previous games of the franchise released, in Age of Empires IV, you need to create and develop your civilization and conquer other civilizations and territories. To do this, you need to gather resources, such as gold, wood, and stone, then start to build structures, perform services, and build your army.
Although Age of Empires IV features PvP, the player vs environment system is heavily focused on battling against other developing civilizations controlled by AI. Your settlement will be attacked by continuous waves of enemies. You have to defend it, or you‘ll have to start to build your civilization again.
Age of Empires IV Steam CD Key is available on RoyalCDKeys.
- Several campaigns based on the real history of great civilizations.
- Historical figures who help you to reach victory and build your empire.
- A huge online multiplayer allows you to compete, cooperate, and even witness the construction of civilizations.
Monster Hunter Rise
- Release Date: March 26, 2021
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch
- Metascore: 88
Monster Hunter is an action RPG and the sixth major installment of the Monster Hunter series. The game keeps some previous conventions while introducing new mechanics, such as the capability to ride certain monsters.
Similarly the previous chapters, in Rise, you are a hunter who must hound or slay huge monsters using weapons, tools, and creative planning.
Completing quests will provide you with loot in the form of several monster body parts, which you can use to craft new and more powerful weapons. These can be used to weaken and damage late monsters, which form the notable core loops of the game.
The world of Monster Hunter Rise is divided into several areas. But now, contrary to other games of the saga, maps focus on vertical movements, so you have new tools for quick vertical scaling. Specifically, the Wirebug will help you to swing across gaps and higher locations.
Rise also introduces dog-like companions called Palamutes. Thanks to them, you can quickly navigate throughout the map regardless of your level or weapons. Palamutes will help you to climb cliffs. They can also perform attacks and damage monsters, which is very useful as you advance through your journey.
Rise also features single players and a local multiplayer mod, allowing you to join a group of up to four hunters. This possibility will provide you with hours of fun and more exciting gameplay, thanks to the combination of each unique style.
Monster Hunter Rise Steam CD Key is available on RoyalCDKeys.
- A huge variety of feral monsters with unique behaviors inspired by Japanese folklore.
- A crafting system that allows you to create all the weapons and tools you need to hunt.
- Play either solo or in a group to hunt the beasts and rule the land.
Now we present some games that, despite not having a strong focus on player vs environment content, still feature some interesting mechanics related to this aspect. Thus, if you’ve already played the proposals above, you can always give these alternatives a chance!
Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel
- Release Date: January 19, 2022
- Developer: Konami
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Android, iOS
Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel is a free-to-play digital collectible card game based on the classic anime of the past decade. Master Duel maintains all the mechanics of the real-life card game, featuring a gachapon format where you gain new cards through the game in the form of packs. You can dismantle cards to get craft points which you may use to create cards. Master Duel is a game that invites you to win all matches and become the master of the tabletop.
- Release Date: January 1, 2001
- Developer: Jagex
- Platforms: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS
RuneScape is a mythical free-to-play MMORPG released twenty years ago. It has several improvements since its release and has been downloaded more than 300 million times. Originally, RuneScape was a browser game. Currently, it´s a standalone C++ client.
RuneScape takes place in the fictional land of Gielinor, which is divided into several kingdoms, and regions. Just like other MMOs, such as World of Warcraft, in RuneScape, you must gather resources to craft consumables and weapons and learn magical spells. You need also gain experience to level up your character to face always-hard challenges. A great game with a huge story you should play!
- Release Date: January 1, 2001
- Developer: Amplitude Studios, Playdigious
- Publishers: Amplitude Studios, Playdigious, Sega, Sega Europe Limited, Merge Games
- Platforms: Windows, PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, macOS
Endless is a rogue-like action video game that takes place in the amazing Endless universe. You recruit a group of heroes who enter an abandoned space station to defend a crystal from the waves of monsters that plague the place. Experience great battles without carnage or blood, but with a really interesting exploring and weapon system.
Whether it comes to space gameplay or defending your city from a siege, PvE games offer serious difficulty, especially when the AI of video games is constantly improving. The games we’ve mentioned here belong to a good mix of different genres and game styles, so we recommend you play as many as possible.
Here, at RoyalCDKeys, you’ll find a lot of games of every genre you’re interested in. Browse our website and get numerous good games. We have the best offers on the market for you! Contact us if you have any questions!