Finding the best games for low-end PC is a hard task. But now, in this incredible stage of gaming that the world is passing through, the best PC games don’t need high-end requirements. On the contrary, many low spec PC games are amazing and have aged gracefully, so you can play them today even with a potato PC.
If you’re looking for relatively low PC requirements games, it’s because you either are traveling with a budget laptop or you just don’t want to spend lots of money on a high-end PC that you probably won’t use a lot because you got to work.
So, to help you with that, here are some of the best laptop games you can find for low-end PCs. From a classic adventure game to a strategy game, there are fantastic titles that are worth playing.
- Release Date: 16 Nov, 2018.
- Developer: Innersloth.
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Android, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Windows Microsoft (PC), iOS.
- Metascore: 85.
Among Us is an indie video game developed for both PC gaming and potato PC. You are part of a crew that got stranded in space, so you need to fix your spaceship to fly out of there. The problem is that one of your teammates will be trying to kill you all.
The game doesn’t have a story, only a goal: to survive the Impostor’s attempts to kill you, fix your ship and get out of there.
If you are part of the ship, you will have to complete simple tasks, avoid weird behaviors from crewmates and focus on what’s best for the entire crew. On the contrary, as an impostor, you’ll have to sabotage the ship, kill crewmates, close doors, and interrupt tasks.
You can play with up to 15 players and have up to three impostors. This is a brilliant game that combines survival games with puzzles, adventure and a bit of horror like no other games have done before.
Among Us Steam CD Key is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- Four different maps to play in.
- Customize your character as you wish.
- Cross-platform gaming with Android, iPhone, and PC.
- Seasons are customizable, so you can add tasks and missions.
- Release Date: 7 Aug, 2018.
- Developer: Ghost Town Games Ltd., Team17.
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Android, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Windows Microsoft (PC), iOS, Mac OS.
- Metascore: 81.
Overcooked is one of the best low spec PC games out there. It’s an indie game with RPG elements based on a fantasy world where you will have to cook to satisfy the kingdom and save it from the attack of the Unbread.
This game has chaotic gameplay where you can play with up to four players simultaneously. There are different stages where you will have to cook, each with different themes and topics, including sushi restaurants, schools, mines, or even alien planets.
Make sure you use different recipes to satisfy the hunger of lots of people. But don’t be fooled; stages won’t let you cook at your own pace. You will have to solve puzzles and figure out the best way to work together with your teammates to prepare the ultimate food if you want to clear the level.
The first game was an excellent game, and this sequel is a perfectly playable game that works great on low-end hardware.
Overcooked! 2 Steam CD Key is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- Play with up to 4 players online.
- A fast-paced game where you have to think fast and coordinate your actions.
- Game with simple graphics but engageable gameplay.
- Low system requirements.
- Deals with funny themes like zombies or aliens.
Minecraft - Java Edition
- Release Date: 18 Nov, 2011.
- Developer: Mojang Studios.
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Android, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Windows Microsoft (PC), iOS, Mac OS.
- Metascore: 93.
Minecraft is one of games that run smoothly on low-end machines. At this point, you probably already know what Minecraft is about, but if you don’t, let us introduce you to the only game that has a Java Edition with almost unlimited possibilities.
This great game casts the survivor within you and makes him come out and take control over your body. Find yourself in an expansive world where you can literally do almost anything you can think of.
Play in different modes, like Creative, Survivor, and more. Join sessions with your friends or play alone. Farm, mine, gather, and build buildings according to your imagination.
Minecraft follows a pixel art style, so you don’t need a strong graphics card to run this game. It can work with integrated graphics and an Intel Core 2 Duo.
Minecraft - Java Edition Official website CD Key is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- A free-to-play version is available on the official website.
- Mods are available for all players.
- Minimum requirements.
- Create your path, create your server or join one.
- Release Date: 26 Feb, 2016.
- Developer: ConcernedApe.
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Android, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Windows Microsoft (PC), iOS, Mac OS.
- Metascore: 83.
As part of the low-spec games, Stardew Valley brings you an interactive adventure similar to old-school Runescape in a certain way. The main difference is that it uses an AI modern system.
Stardew Valley tells the story of a young boy that gets a farm from his grandfather. He must return the farm to its old glory through hard work. Use tools and coins to start building; learn how to farm, mine, collect, and craft; build relationships with AI to get improvements and extra missions that can help you recover your farm faster.
However, not everyone is happy with your return. There are companies that take profits from the Valley’s current situation that will try to stop you. Make sure you succeed; the future of Stardew Valley depends on you.
This indie darling debuted back in 2016, but it’s a game worth checking if you have a working computer or laptop since it has low-end requirements and provides a challenging perspective of converting a farm into a thriving business.
Stardew Valley Steam CD Key is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- Play with a group of up to four players.
- Communicate with up to 30 characters in Pelican Town.
- Explore a mysterious and fun world filled with caves.
- Face monsters, escape dungeons and be amazed by the wonder of Stardew Valley.
- Release Date: 4 Mar, 2021.
- Developer: Four Quarters.
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Windows Microsoft (PC), Mac OS.
- Metascore: 82.
Loop Hero tells the fight between heroes and The Lich, the vicious evil that threw the world into a timeless loop. The game uses a turn-based combat system with different heroes of your choice. You will have to use cards, buildings, terrains, and more to defeat the ultimate evil.
Go to unique expeditions to unlock a special hero. Each expedition is different, and you will have endless opportunities to complete them while enjoying the gameplay elements of this title. Retrieve equipment and powerful loot and use them according to your hero’s class.
At last, create your camp. This card game allows you to customize and improve your buildings to withstand orders of monsters that will try to get you.
Loop Hero may seem like one of the old games, but it was developed in 2021. This means that the AI used for this game has wide potential to become a menace to your journey if you don’t control it.
Loop Hero Steam CD Key is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- Unlock perks and improve your heroes.
- Single-player story perfect for low-end computers.
- It contains a unique premise and lore that entertains gamers.
Slay The Spire
- Release Date: 23 Jan, 2019.
- Developer: Mega Crit Games.
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Windows Microsoft (PC), Mac OS, Android, iOS.
- Metascore: 89.
Slay The Spire has become a favorite game among the roguelike and deck-building games. Developers have combined these two niches to build an incredible single-player game with strange creatures, relics, and power from scratch.
It’s a perfect game for a modern laptop or a low-spec machine that doesn’t have an Nvidia Geforce card and just runs on an Intel HD, Dual Core, or AMD Athlon processor.
Participate in dynamic turn-based battles, have direct control of the cards you use, build combos and card sequences to increase your damage and effects. Go to the Spire and risk your life in ever-changing environments. Choose different paths, battle enemies, get loot, and defeat bosses.
Slay the Spire Steam CD Key is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- Up to four playable characters that can jump to action with their own set of cards.
- 350+ cards to discover and build your deck with.
- Go to war in 50 different encounters.
- Beat mysterious events that may help you avoid death or reach it faster.
- Release Date: 15 Sep, 2015.
- Developer: Tobyfox.
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Windows Microsoft (PC), Mac OS.
- Metascore: 92.
As for the best games for laptops with low specs, Undertale is a great option as it will run fine on almost any PC. This 2D RPG game tells the story of a young boy that fell into a world full of monsters. Your character will search for a way out if he doesn’t want to be trapped there forever.
Over the course of hours of gameplay, you will meet interesting characters that are aware of your fall. This is a journey of decision, so you can decide whether to hunt down your enemies or solve your issues peacefully.
This unique battle system is what makes Undertale so interesting. It also represents a challenge in comparison to other games from the same industry.
Undertale Steam CD Key is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- The smart battle system, where you can avoid conflict and become friends with the game’s bosses.
- A fine story-rich tale that uses lots of humor.
- You could date a skeleton.
- Several weapons available.
Sid Meier’s Civilization 5
- Release Date: 23 Sep, 2010.
- Developer: Firaxis Games.
- Platforms: Windows Microsoft (PC), Mac OS.
- Metascore: 90.
One of the greatest turn-based strategy games with incredible voice acting is here. Civilization 5 is the game played by strategy-lovers that could run on even an old laptop without overheating.
Become the ruler of the world and lead your civilization to the highest level of technology and development. Pass through different ages – including the Space age where you can travel faster than light – govern, go to war, build alliances and conquer territories to win.
If you’re new to Civilizations games, you can expect an intuitive interface to help you understand the most important game aspects. Learn to play at your own pace and don’t “throw yourself first to the lions.”
Grab a good civilization – like Persians – compete with the AI or against your friends on maps with incredible landscapes that you can explore to find resources.
Sid Meier's Civilization V GOTY Steam CD Key is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- Play local or online with up to 8 friends.
- Use different civilizations that bring the history of humankind to your memory.
- Use different approaches to win the war.
- Release Date: 19 Jan, 2016.
- Developer: Red Hook Studios.
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One, Windows Microsoft (PC), Mac OS.
- Metascore: 84.
Darkest Dungeon is a psychological roguelike, RPG, and turn-based game that focuses on how stress is presented when you’re out there adventuring. Memory is a tricky part of our minds. It can create a bunch of fears out of nowhere and makes us think that we are in danger. That’s exactly what Darkest Dungeon tries to show here.
Like no other game, you will have to go through forests, forgotten warrens, crypts, caves, and more to recruit, train and command a lead of heroes that are experts in combating strange enemies.
You’ll be fighting in an interesting turn-based combat system against stress, diseases, famine, and other plagues that may haunt your mind. Go deep into a dark world and explore places to discover mysteries.
Darkest Dungeon Steam CD Key is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- Battle against the representation of real-life psychological diseases.
- Enjoy a hand-drawn dark gothic art style.
- Battle with a not-family-friendly narrative that celebrates your failures.
- Use up to 16 heroes, each one with different difficulty.
- Release Date: 26 Jan, 2019.
- Developer: Blizzard Entertainment.
- Platforms: Windows Microsoft (PC), Mac OS.
- Metascore: 81.
World Of Warcraft has been part of the gaming community for a long time now. This is an exclusive game from Blizzard, which you can obtain on the official gaming site. The classic version is available on different computer operating systems, so you won’t have to worry about having a Windows or Mac laptop.
WoW is the MMORPG version of the classic Warcraft. This is an open fantasy world following the same lore and story. You can create your own character and choose a race like Elves, Humans, Undead, and more.
Select the profession you want to develop – such as Paladin or Dark Knight – and embark yourself on a long journey of leveling and exploring the vast lands of Azeroth.
WoW Classic has two sequels pending, which include the Burning Crusade Classic and Wrath Of The Lich King Classic.
WoW World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic - Dark Portal Pass EU Battle.net CD Key is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- Online gameplay with hundreds of people on a single server.
- Relive the missions of the first WoW including raids, special events, and more.
- Participate in huge PvP battles or dungeons.
- Use different types of mounts to travel through the land of Azeroth.
Amnesia - The Dark Descent
- Release Date: 8 Sep, 2010.
- Developer: Frictional Games.
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Windows Microsoft (PC), Mac OS.
- Metascore: 85.
Submerge yourself into the dark pits of madness in Amnesia - The Dark Descent. This was one of the new games in the horror industry that caused an incredible and horrific experience thanks to its gameplay resembling Amid Evil.
This first-person survival horror game, played back in 2010 as a top video game, is still one of the best horror stories that take you to haunted places. Live Daniel's story and discover why he’s stuck in a creepy castle before your memories fade. Explore at night and learn why this is the right place to be.
Experience a chilling ambiance filled with dread while running away from the past, represented as a fearless monster. No matter what you do, you’ll feel its presence on every corner.
Fans of horror love this game, and you can play it on both PC and console. Amnesia: The Dark Descent is available for purchase on Steam.
- Single-player horror adventure with three different finales.
- Mod support to try alternative stories made by the community.
- A unique, dark, and creepy ambiance that enhances your senses.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Release Date: 11 Sep, 2007.
- Developer: Bethesda Game Studios.
- Platforms: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Windows Microsoft (PC)
- Metascore: 94.
The Elder Scrolls saga is a series of games you can’t forget about. Oblivion is the 4th release that came out in 2007 and caught the attention of many gamers that had ignored previous titles in the first place.
This challenging open-world RPG tells the tale of a brave warrior who will have to pass through hell to find the successor of the emperor before the gate of Oblivion is open again. In your journey, you will encounter secondary missions, interesting characters, and choices you’ll have to make if you want to unlock skills, gear, quests, and more.
Create your character following your play style. You can be an archer, a mage, or a thief, among others. Specialize in specific skills – such as destruction, stealth, one hand weapon – so you can unlock perks that will improve your gameplay.
In Oblivion’s GOTY edition, there are new lands to explore thanks to the DLC expansions you can get.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY is available for purchase on Steam.
- Huge open world to travel and discover.
- Mounts are available to move faster in your travels.
- Clever AI, which makes battles more interesting.
- Possibility to switch between first-person and third-person views.
- Release Date: 29 Nov, 2006.
- Developer: Facepunch Studios.
- Platforms: Windows Microsoft (PC)
- Metascore: 89.
Garry’s Mod is the Sandbox you never knew you wanted from Valve. This incredible game took elements from Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike, and Team Fortress 2 and combined them so you can build, explore, try and experiment with them.
There’s no goal in Garry’s Mod. You can come up with the craziest ideas and use your physics gun to make them real. Build space rockets or a jet ski that launches lasers.
Now, there are different ways you can play Garry’s Mod. This is thanks to the integration with other Valve games, where you will be able to participate in special modes such as Hide & Seek. You can also find more games within the Gmod community on Steam.
Garry's Mod CD-Key | Garry’s Mod Steam Key | RoyalCDKeys is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- Play in over 300,000 maps from the community.
- Let your imagination run free with the buildings you can make.
- Play popular game modes such as Trouble in Terrorist Town, and Prop Hunt, among others.
- Join online with friends.
Dark Souls - Remastered Edition
- Release Date: 23 May, 2018.
- Developer: QLOC.
- Platforms: Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Windows Microsoft (PC).
- Metascore: 84.
The remastered edition of Dark Souls brings gamers the classic third-person RPG that changed the gaming industry for good. Now with HD graphics, you can replay the story of Lordran and embark yourself into a difficult world where you’ll probably die more than once.
Re-explore the vast lands of this forsaken world and try to fulfill your objective, which is discovering your life's purpose. This won’t be easy since you’re a cursed undead destined to die over and over again.
If you have a low-end PC, you don’t need to worry about your CPU. Even though Dark Souls got a remasterization, you will be able to run it.
Dark Souls Remastered Steam CD Key is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- Improved graphics and mechanics.
- A dark universe with a lot of locations to explore.
- Possibility to play online (servers will open once again).
- Release Date: 20 Oct, 2008
- Developer: EA Redwood Shores.
- Platforms: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Windows Microsoft (PC).
- Metascore: 86.
The classic 2008 horror RPG game showed that horror games still have a lot to offer and don’t need to be created by Guillermo Del Toro – like Resident Evil – to be an excellent horror game.
You play as Isaac Clarke, an engineer that got stuck in deep space along with a mining ship. The vehicle went dark because of a strange artifact that exploded on a distant planet. You will have to repair the ship to try and go back to your home planet. However, you’ll meet tough nightmarish creatures that will try to eat you out alive.
They slaughter most of the crew, so you will have to find the few survivors and develop a plan that actually works to kill these alien beasts. Use different weapons, increase your stats, improve your gear, and make sure you aim to the limps to properly kill these aliens.
Dead Space Steam CD Key is available for purchase on RoyalCDKeys.
- Bloody and gore video game that ensures jumpscares.
- Immersive story with tons of secondary missions.
- Real-time attacks. Necromorphs’ AI takes advantage of your weak spots.
Best Low Spec PC Games: Summary
If you have a low-end PC or a laptop, you can play the games mentioned above and enjoy a great experience while playing. You can play these titles with good graphics at least at 40 FPS, which is a playable standard for a computer with low specs.
Of course, there are a lot more games that you can play with low-end PCs. Some of the titles that you should consider playing with your computer are:
- Disco Elysium - The Final Cut
- Sunless Skies
- Torment: Tides of Numenera
- Baba Is You
- Super Meat Boy
- Sleeping Dogs
- Hyper Light Drifter
- Monkey Island
- Max Payne
- Resident Evil
- Doom (2016)
- Untitled Goose Game
- Binding of Isaac
Most of these games don't require a lot of space available, so you won’t need a big hard drive to play them all. Make sure you take your time to complete each one of them to the fullest before playing another one!