At first glance, we all love multiplayer games. The unpredictability of playing with and against other players makes a lot of games unique. But, for sure, it isn’t the only way to play, and, for many years, some awesome single-player experiences were all we had.
Advantages of the Best Offline Games
The best things about offline games are the freedom and total control over the gameplay. Keeping things in your hands and not depending on anyone else to ensure your fun is priceless. No matter your genre, it can go from slow-paced strategy games to massive FPS games full of competitive matches.
Thinking of those who enjoy a lonely journey or gamers with a weak internet connection, RoyalCDKeys prepared a special list with the best single-player games. Read it fast before your internet loses its connection again!
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Release Date: November 11, 2011
- Developer: Bethesda Game Studios
- Platforms: PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series, PC, Nintendo Switch
- Metascore: 96 (PC), 94 (X360), 92 (PS3) (Metacritics Must Play)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is one of the best games of all time. So, it will surely be on the list of the best offline PC games. Skyrim is an RPG open-world game with the most immersive experience ever created. You will see beautiful landscapes, enemies, and monsters like no other. It is the perfect place for the most extensive exploration.
Skyrim has both a single-player and a multiplayer adventure. But it is for the solo play that the game is so prized and loved by a legion of fans. The game combines fun, adventure, combat, and fantasy, with a full pack of memorable characters. All of that was created with the most detailed graphics.
You can get The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition Steam CD Key with RoyalCDKeys.
- 10 different races to choose from and amazing customization tools for characters.
- One of the most immersive and vibrant open-world already created.
- Outstanding plot and main storyline to follow.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Release Date: September 17, 2013
- Developer: Rockstar Games
- Platforms: PS3, PS4, Ps5, X360, XOne, XSeries
- Metascore: 97 (PS3), 97 (X360), 96 (PC) (Metacritics Must Play)
We will try not to be repetitive as we talk about some incredible offline PC games. Another example is GTA V, the most recent entry on Rockstar’s biggest franchise. The online experience it offers for players is incredible, but one of the biggest game features is the base game's single-player campaign.
The main story is surely something people will enjoy playing. The result is a game capable of even bigger success than the franchise's previous entries. The game presents us with three playable characters in a vivid and expansive open world set in Los Santos and grows until becoming extremely huge. You can follow the story by watching how the fates of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor tie themselves, or blow everything apart and tear Los Santos down.
You can get Grand Theft Auto V GTA 5 - Premium Online Edition CD Key.
- The awesome story focused on three different characters at the same time.
- Several weapons, gadgets, vehicles, and different ways to explore and cause giant destruction whatever you go.
- Awesome graphics and mission planning.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Release Date: May 18, 2015
- Developer: CD Projekt
- Platforms: PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series
- Metascore: 93 (PC), 92 (PS4), 91 (XOne) (Metacritics Must Play)
Well, guess what we have to say about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt! It is one of the best offline games ever made! Another RPG full of features that made us love Skyrim and many other titles. But, considering RPG elements, all of The Witcher series is worth playing.
We may start to sound repetitive when talking about these features. But, The Witcher 3 is another example of an Offline PC game that takes immersion, enemies, characters, weapons variety, and story development to another level.
You once again assume the role of the Witcher known from earlier installments. The main plot revolves around several separate topics, including the search for Geralt's lost love and the Nilfgaard invasion of the Kingdoms of the North.
Once again, developers took special care of the graphics, granting stunning and immersive visuals. This is the first game meant to be played offline only. This surely helps, as the developers were able to focus solely on the offline play, ensuring players would receive an incredible narrative and an amazing story.
You can get The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY GoG CD Key with RoyalCDKeys.
- Immersive and very interesting high fantasy setting and open world to explore.
- Incredible character and plot to develop while playing.
- Great movement, combat mechanics, equipment, and magic management.
- Release Date: October 10, 2007, and April 18, 2011.
- Developer: Valve
- Platforms: PC
- Metascore: 90 and 95 (Metacritics Must Play)
Following the offline games for PC, it is time for us to move to the puzzle-solving games. And to talk about Portal, we decided to focus on the entire series instead of one game. In Portal, you will find multiple scenarios where you have to use your mind, intelligence, and creativity to advance and solve several different puzzles until completing the main story. A rare game series that will ensure countless hours of fun.
The most incredible thing about the games is that it appears not to provoke emotions and not to be that appealing. But suddenly, you will wonder how you could fall in love with Glados and both robots you can control in the game. You will start to notice new mechanics, complicated puzzles, and scenario changes, able to turn the game “darker” in its way.
You can get Portal 2 Steam CD Key with RoyalCDKeys.
- Some of the most intriguing characters you will ever see in a game of the genre.
- Fascinating and creative puzzles you will never get tired of.
- Surprisingly well-developed story.
Red Dead Redemption 2
- Release Date: October 26, 2018
- Developer: Rockstar Games
- Platforms: Ps4, Ps5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, PC
- Metascore: 97 (PS4, Xbox One, and PC) Metacritic Must Play
The list of the best offline PC games follows with the title that takes GTA premise and moves it to the west. To captivate single-player Red Dead Redemption 2, the game presents us with a huge and vibrant open world, memorable characters, and an epic main story.
The GTA's traditional freedom is easy to feel as well. The game takes place in 1899, and we follow the steps of Arthur Morgan and his gang as they feel the time for the old gangsters are over. They embark on the last mission to ensure everybody will be able to live their lives well and in peace. To do so, you will brave the wets, fight rival gangs, steal, kill, and all that comes with the package.
You can get Red Dead Redemption 2 Rockstar Key with RoyalCDKeys.
- Extremely beautiful old-fashioned scenarios, developed with the best graphics.
- An exciting “grey” main character and an awesome plot to discover.
- A whole new way to survive as, besides health, there’s the core system that demands a far more careful character and item management.
- Release Date: August 7, 2018
- Developer: Motion Twin
- Platforms: PC, PS4, Xone, Switch
- Metascore: 91 (Xone), 89 (PC and Switch), 87 (PS4) Metacritic Must Play
Staying on the topic of offline mode games, it is time to leave titles with overwhelming success and talk about a rather alternative game focused on a far more specific niche. Dead Cells is a roguelike-Metroidvania that, in its way, resembles Dark Souls. And why Dark Souls? Because the game is EXTREMELY HARD, even though it is an “indie game.”
The title brings unforgiving experience, fierce enemies, and complicated traps. Every time you die, you will have to restart from the beginning. The game is far harder than other titles from the genre, which is why not many like it. But this doesn't change the fact that it is an awesome game for those with the guts to play offline. The only problem is that you won’t have that much content to enjoy. The game is far from being like other supergiant games and has only 15 hours of gameplay.
You can get Dead Cells Steam Key with RoyalCDKeys.
- Unforgiving and addictive Indie gameplay.
- An exciting mix of roguelike procedurally generated maps with action-adventure and exploration from Metroidvania games.
- Several ways to engage or avoid enemies, such as melee and ranged weapons, and a unique possession ability.
Resident Evil 2
- Release Date: January 25, 2019
- Developer: Capcom
- Platforms: PC, PS4. Xone
- Metascore: 93 (Xone), 91 (PS4), 89 (PC) Metacritics Must Play
For all the fans of a good horror game, we bring Resident Evil 2. Recreating the original series was one of Capcom’s biggest hits. We’ve chosen the second title, as it has some of the best reviews in the entire franchise, but the truth is that we could talk about any of the Resident Evil Games.
Remaking the games gives the developers all the tools they need to make a great campaign, full of awesome narrative elements and without graphic limitations. You will live the story of Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield again as they fight for their lives and escape a Raccoon City completely overrun by zombies.
You can get Resident Evil 2 Remake Steam Cd Key with RoyalCDKeys.
- Fixed movement and camera angles and the return of well-known over-the-shoulder third-person perspective.
- Great survival mechanics and possibilities with item combining options.
- A terrifying and immersive setting with an awesome remodeled plot.
- Release Date: February 25, 2022
- Developer: FromSoftware
- Platforms: PS4, PS5, Xone, XSeries, PC
- Metascore: 96 (PS5, XSeries), 94 (PC) Metacritic Must Play
The latest game on the list is also a great success. Elden Ring is another Souls-like game, with dark RPG features and an extremely advanced difficulty level, just like the original Dark and Demon Souls. Elden Ring is a great title to play offline when your internet connection fails. The game is a true masterpiece, taking Dark Souls' unforgiveness to a new open-world RPG.
It is filled with stunning scenarios, great battle mechanics, incessant exploration in a vast universe, and great replayability. With Elden Ring, gamers will have no rest and can expect a lot of hard work to avoid death against the simplest enemies, not to mention the big bosses.
The game also brings infinite things to interact with, secrets to discover, challenges, and missions to pass. You will essentially feel like being forced to play again, as it is impossible to give up after the first try.
You can get Elden Ring Steam CD Key with RoyalCDKeys.
- A vibrant world with different locations to explore, and powerful enemies to fight (or run from).
- Varied combat mechanics, with different styles, spells, and equipment to use.
- Other insane RPG features, like crafting, looting, customization, and an awesome plot to unravel.
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
- Release Date: March 21, 2019
- Developer: FromSoftware
- Platforms: PS4, Xone, and PC
- Metascore: 91 (Xone), 90 (PS4), 89 (PC) Metacritic Must Play
We are sure many will consider it one of the best games on the list, despite the competition level.
In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, you follow the steps of a lonely shinobi who looks for a way to save his master and exact revenge against an opposing samurai clan.
The game matches the traditional Dark Souls Series unforgiveness with a mechanic that favors stealth advances, creating a unique gameplay experience, which would be enough to make it one of the best offline games.
The game allows you to die twice before being penalized for it. But that doesn't mean you won’t be using all of your abilities to beat its obstacles from the very beginning. Besides the hard fighting, the game brings an exciting main story, several places to explore, and a graphic quality you won’t see every day.
You can get Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Steam CD Key with RoyalCDKeys.
- Extremely hard development, common to Souls-like games.
- An exciting ninja/samurai setting, taking us from the typical high fantasy world.
- Great exploration of stealth and brand new combat mechanics focused on balance and weak points instead of health points.
Divinity Original Sin 2
- Release Date: September 14, 2017
- Developer: Larian Studios
- Platforms: PS4, Xone, PC, Switch, and IOS.
- Metascore: 98 (IOS) 93 (PC and Switch), 92 (Xone and PS4) Metacritic Must Play
Following the list of the best offline games, it is time to talk about Divinity: Original Sin 2. This loot-based RPG is far more than it seems at first glance. It uniquely develops its own stories and will present at least a good reason for players to enjoy it eventually. A fact that ensures its position as one of the best offline games for PC is that, due to its giant success, the game was ported to consoles and Switch afterward. Its IOS version received a stunning 98 from Metacritic.
This time, you will be an adept of forbidden magic, the use of which gradually leads to disaster. We must contend not only with the members of the Divine Order, but also aim to avert the mortal danger hanging over the world. The death of the Divine, who had been watching over mortals, has enticed countless bloodthirsty creatures to invade the world of Rivellon. It has also become an opportunity for someone else to reach for the most powerful power.
Full of the traditional and highly considered mechanics present in all the good RPGs, it mixes a very interesting adventure together with a turn-based combat. Due to that, you will need far more strategic thinking than you would in other RPGs. Even though it is one of the best offline PC games, it doesn’t mean you can’t play in co-op and have some fun with friends. But the lonely experience is surely something to try.
You can get Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition GoG Cd Key with RoyalCDKeys.
- Great customization features or pre-made characters for players to choose from.
- The recruitment system allows you to form a party of fully playable members.
- Unique skill crafting system, allowing players to change the skills of their party.
Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey
- Release Date: September 30, 2018
- Developer: Ubisoft
- Platforms: PS4, XOne, PC, Switch, and Stadia
- Metascore: 87 (Xone), 86 (PC), 83 (PS4)
It is hard to choose just one Assassin’s Creed game to discuss. Virtually all of them could be on the list of the best offline games. But, if we must choose one, let’s go for Odyssey. Far before the Assassin’s Brotherhood itself, you follow the steps of the mighty spartan Alexios or Kassandra, depending on the gender choice. You must venture through old Greece to learn the mystery of your (and king Leonidas) bloodline and face the Cult of Kosmos.
The game presents an exciting storyline, an awesome main character, great allies, and fearsome enemies. Besides that, you have an immersive story and setting, full of things and lore of ancient Greece to explore and interact with. It is the second game of the franchise to come as an RPG. Odyssey can easily offer more than a hundred hours of gameplay if players decide to explore the vast world properly.
You can get Assassin’s Creed Odyssey - Ultimate Edition Ubisoft Connect CD Key with RoyalCDKeys.
- Incredible protagonists with great interactions with the world, strong reasons, and good development.
- War combat mechanic and conquest of different regions of Greece.
- Vibrant, vivid, and full of features open world.
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
- Release Date: October 21, 2016
- Developer: Firaxis Games
- Platforms: PC, Switch, PS4, Xone
- Metascore: 92 (IOS), 88 (PC), 87 (PS4), 86 (Switch)
Coming back to the strategy genre, it is time to talk about Civilization VI. You develop one nation through the ages, until making it the most powerful and wealthy in the world. Even though the premise seems a little repetitive at the beginning, you will soon learn how the features end up in several hours of endless fun.
Even though the game has its multiplayer, it deserves its place as one of the best offline games for PC. Compared to other games, it brings the religion feature, allowing you to win the game by converting the whole world into your faith. You can play against a smart AI or other players.
Moreover, the game has low requirements, which will help those without the best PCs.
You can get Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Steam CD Key with RoyalCDKeys.
- New religion feature gives new ways to win and tactics to explore.
- Great 4X features (Explore, Expand, Exploit, and Exterminate), making the game unique.
- Different engagements and ways to develop, including diplomacy and trade or open war and destruction.
Monster Hunter: Rise
- Release Date: March 26, 2011
- Developer: Capcom
- Platforms: Switch and PC
- Metascore: 88 (Switch), 87 (PC)
It is time to deal with some new and unknown monsters in Monster Hunter Rise. In this anime-like game, you assume the place of a recently promoted monster hunter. Things start to go out of hand when you discover an unknown creature and start to find signals indicating a new Rampage – a calamity that happens once every 50 years. Now, your journey to save your village from destruction begins.
The game has a new variety of monsters to fight against. It also gives you new tools focused on vertical exploration. You will also have new companions, called Palamuts, which you can ride to explore the environment. To complete, there’s a tower defense mode also called rampage to have fun with in offline mode.
You can get Monster Hunter: Rise Steam CD Key with RoyalCDKeys.
- A whole village and outer wilds to explore.
- Several different monsters to fight and interact with.
- Interesting storyline and plot.
Other Interesting Games You Don’t Want to Miss
It would be too pretentious to say that we could cover all the games to play while you are offline. As there still are numerous titles that would deserve a place on the list, here are some other games you can also purchase and have hours of fun offline in single-player mode.
- Monster Train
- Doom Eternal
- Far Cry 6 (and all the Far Cry series games)
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
- Hollow Knight
- Slay the Spire
- Stardew Valley
- Disco Elysium
Now, you already have a great list of games you can play offline if you don’t have great internet connection. We’ve tried to include all types of games – not only indie and strategic games but also horror, stealth, and RPG.
And the best thing is that you don’t even need to use the traditional steam link, as you have RoyalCDkeys at your disposal. Besides guides, tips, lists, and general texts about all types of games, we also offer CD Keys for the best prices on the market. Some of the products you will find with us are games, operating systems, and software, such as antiviruses. All the payment processes and delivery are done in the safest way possible! So, don’t forget to check it!